Built in 1875 by Captain William Robinson. The White River Light Station serves as a physical reminder of the rich nautical history of Lake Michigan. Climb the spiral staircase to the top of the tower. Browse the many 19th and 20th century photographs. Examine the nautical artifacts. Look out across Lake Michigan as the light house keeper did over a century ago.
Then pick you spot along the pier, in the garden or on the beach and enjoy the gourmet picnic basket lunch created for your by chef’s Lisa and Larry.
With each Lighthouse package we sell, we make a donation to the Lighthouse Keepers Association, which governs The White River Lighthouse. We strongly support the restoration and preservation efforts of this wonderful landmark.
White River Lighthouse Tour
- Includes: 2 Admission Tickets to Lighthouse
- Cocoa Cottage Gourmet Picnic Lunch (Delish!)
- Dinner Gift Certificate
- Book Nook and Java Shop Certificate
- $165.00 + Room Costs
- Available June 1-October 31
- NEW! White River Lighthouse is Open 7 Day a Week!
Our White River Lighthouse Tour is designed for a 2-night stay and priced for 2 people. All packages are subject to room availability. Credit card payment for full package amount is due at time of booking and is non-refundable.
- Our Lighthouse is OPEN 7 days a week, from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm!
- Masks are REQUIRED.
- 2 people or 1 household allowed inside at a time to maintain social distancing.
- So, you may have have a short wait. Enjoy the park scenery and take great photos!!
- If you are in line before 5:00 pm, you will be allowed access. Matt is a wonderful, gracious light housekeeper!
- The South Pierhead Lighthouse and the Little Sable Point Light Stations are temporarily closed to tours, but still are worth the trip and make wonderful photo opportunities!
Enjoy our Lighthouse Blog!
And secure your weekend and room of choice!